Ballet Theatre Company Code of Conduct
Ballet Theatre Company is a 501c3 not for profit arts organization which operates a dance school, Ballet Theatre Academy, and stages major dance performances in the greater Hartford area. It is our mission to serve the community by offering professional caliber dance productions, dance education, and performance opportunities to all dancers, age three to adult We strive to enrich our community by offering top quality dance performances, dance education, and performance opportunities to all persons, regardless of ethnic background or financial means. We create opportunities for dance students to perform in dance productions alongside professionals, where they have the ability to observe and develop the discipline required to reach their goals. Every year, BTC reaches hundreds of underserved children through dance classes which provide opportunities for positive, creative expression and organized physical activity through our community outreach program, “Giving Kids a Chance through Dance.”
To further our mission of educating and enriching our community through dance, we have developed the following Code of Conduct. This Code of Conduct governs all persons involved with Ballet Theatre Company (BTC) and Ballet Theatre Academy (BTA), regardless of role, including BTC Board Members, BTA Teachers, all students, professional dancers, guests, contractors, collaborators, parents, volunteers, visitors, and others actively involved with BTA or BTC productions.
All persons actively involved with BTA or in a BTC production shall:
· Be polite, courteous, positive, supportive, well-mannered, and encourage others.
· Respect the rights of others.
· Support teamwork, respect, integrity, and commitment to all.
· Work in a professional and collaborative fashion.
· Provide constructive feedback.
· Provide a safe and nurturing environment.
· Allow all to move safely around the school and performance venues.
· Respect BTC’s and one another’s property.
· Show consideration towards all persons in our school, performances, and community.
· Support the artistic decisions and assigned roles.
· Implement and support a “Can Do” attitude.
· Understand and agree that at the sole discretion of the BTC Board, that teachers, students, professional dancers, guests, contractors, collaborators, parents, volunteers, visitors, and others may be removed from any class, performance, or activity due to a lack of compliance with of any of these guidelines.
BTC's Board of Directors has an obligation to implement this Code of Conduct fairly and consistently.
Ballet Theatre Company Board of Directors.