How to use Volunteer Spot.com
- You will receive an email from Dance, Dance titled “BTC 2010 Nutcracker: Please sign-up and help out. If you have not received an email message from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the body of the email, click on the link titled “Sign up now/learn more”
- Click on “yes” to confirm your email address
- A calendar will come up. It will be for November. The days where volunteers are needed will have a yellow clipboard labeled “sign-up here”
- To see December needs, click on the arrow to the right of “November”
- We need volunteers on the following dates:
· November 20 – pies
· December 5 – Barnes & Noble Fundraiser
· December 12 – load in
· December 13-19 – Rehearsals and production and strike
- We will add sign-ups for our snow date as we get closer to the performance
- Click on the day you wish to volunteer
- A list of volunteer opportunities and openings will come up for that date. For the days we are in the theater, there are many opportunities, so you will need to scroll down to see the entire listing.
- For each volunteer opportunity, you will see the number of open and filled positions. For the volunteer opportunity you want, click on the yellow box labeled “sign up here”. This box also tells you how many spots are available. When you click on the yellow box, it will turn green, and will say “Signed up 1 spot”
- If you are signing up more than 1 person from your family, use the + sign to the right of the “1” to sign up for as many spots as you wish.
- When you are finished with that day, click on “save and close”
- Repeat for any other days
- When finished signing up for jobs, click on the red “Confirm” button
Important information to keep in mind:
· Volunteer opportunities that are a full production commitment are listed in all capital letters: BOX OFFICE, STAGE CREW, HEAD USHER, HEAD CHAPERONE, and DEPUTY CHAPERONE. For these, we ask that you sign up for all rehearsals and performances. (Sorry – there is no way to sign up on one day and have it carry over). These roles are set up to allow everyone to contribute and still enjoy one performance as a patron.
· For all other volunteer opportunity, feel free to specialize or sample (i.e., perform the same role all the time, or change positions for different performances).
· Chaperones are assigned by role, so please look carefully before signing up.
· For double cast roles, chaperones are assigned by cast for dress rehearsal – please check that you are signing up for the correct cast.
· For Saturday and Sunday, most roles are listed twice – with the performance time noted. Feel free to sign up for different volunteer opportunities at each performance.
· Cast A performs Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday. Cast B performs Thursday and Saturday.
· All chaperones must attend the Monday Tech Rehearsal for training.
· Start and stop times are noted for each position, but may be revised as we get closer to performance.
· Bear with us through any glitches. We are using this system for only the second time. We hope that it will make everyone’s life easier.
If you have other questions, please feel free to send me email at email@example.com or find more information at volunteer.dancebtc.org.
Thank you and Have Fun!